MARY SMITH, CPA, Partner | TAX
A confident leader and supportive associate, Mary’s personality and approachable style help to steer our team to be the best in the industry. With the firm since 1997, Mary is a leading Partner/Owner and always makes time for one-on-one client consultation. Her prior experience includes working in the tax department at Arthur Andersen & Co. and First Data Corp.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Real Estate
- Mergers and Acquisition
- Professional Services
- Federal Income Tax
- Corporate Planning and Compliance on a worldwide basis
- Estate Tax Planning
- Partnership and pass-through – financial statements, tax return preparation and overall business consulting
- Consulting for large real estate transactions including like-kind exchanges and sales of large retail properties to publicly traded REITs.
- BSBA with High Honors in Accounting, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
PROFESSIONAL and COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- United Professional Horsemen’s Association, Member
- The United States Equestrian Federation, Member
- American Saddlebred Horse Association, Member
- St. Stephen the Martyr, Member
Mary’s son and daughter recently graduated from UNL but that doesn’t keep her out of the college scene! An avid Husker football and volleyball fan, Mary and her husband, Brad, enjoy attending games and tailgating with friends. When she’s not sporting Husker red on Saturdays you’re likely to find Mary at one of several Equestrian competitions watching her daughter compete.